12 July 2022
1. These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all participants in The Great InsectBot Mission Competition (Competition) promoted by the STEM Wana Trust (SWT).
2. By entering the Competition, you are deemed to agree to these Terms without qualification. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you must not enter the Competition.
3. The Great InsectBot Mission Competition will commence on 12.00 am 12 July 2022 and end 12.00 am on 9 August 2022 (Competition Period). SWT reserves the right to extend the Competition Period.
4. SWT will issue further instructions and information about the Competition during the Competition Period (Specific Terms). In the event there is any inconsistency or conflict between these Terms and the Specific Terms, these Terms will prevail.
Parents and Guardians
5. Parents and/or legal guardians of participants must register to enter the Competition on behalf of their participating child. By registering their child in the Competition, participants’ parents and/or legal guardians also agree to these Terms without qualification.
6. Participants will be asked to design an InsectBot via SWT’s website (Webpage). Each participant will be entitled to one entry only. Entries must be submitted during the Competition Period.
7. To be eligible to enter the Competition you must:
- be aged between 10 and 16 years old; and
- be living in New Zealand; and
- not be an employee or relative of an employee of SWT or one of the Competition Partners.
8. To enter the Competition, participants’ parents and/or legal guardians must register on the Webpage.
9. Entry into the Competition is free. However, any costs associated with accessing the Competition online are the responsibility of the person seeking access and is dependent on the internet or mobile service provider used.
10. SWT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any participant at its sole discretion. Failure by SWT to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11. Entries will be judged by a panel of experts and shortlisted. The judges will make the decision at their sole discretion. Five finalists will be chosen and sent an “InsectBot Build Kit” in order to build their robotic insect entry. In the event that a finalist cannot be contacted within 72 hours, SWT reserves the right to re-select that finalist.
12. Finalists (along with their whānau) will be invited to Tauranga STEM Festival (STEMFest) on Sunday 2nd October 2022 as VIPs to present their InsectBot to a panel of judges. SWT will offer a contribution towards travel expenses for finalists and their whānau, such contribution to be at the sole discretion of SWT.
13. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges at the STEMFest, at the sole discretion of the judges. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
14. The prize the winner will receive will include, but is not limited to, a visit to Rocket Lab facilities as a VIP.
15. Any prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. If a prize becomes unavailable for whatever reason, SWT reserves the right to substitute that prize or part of that prize for an item of an equivalent value. Prizes have no cash value.
16. SWT is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with the internet or network congestion, including injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s device related to participation in this activity, or problems with transmission of entries over the internet.
17. To the maximum extent permitted by law, SWT will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) in relation to the Competition, including all express and implied warranties and representations, or for personal injury as a result of participating in the Competition or accepting or using a prize(s). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify the participant’s rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Social Media and Privacy
19. SWT will post Live Stories to its official social media accounts in relation to the Competition.
20. Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and correct your personal information. To do so, please contact SWT by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. SWT reserves the right to amend or replace these Terms at any time without notice. Amendments will be effective immediately upon being made on our Webpage.
22. SWT reserves the right to cancel the Competition for whatever reason, at its sole discretion. Any cancellation or modification to the Competition will be notified on the Webpage and STEM festival websites.
23. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, void, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, such provision will be deemed to be severed from these Terms and the remaining provisions will continue in full force.
24. If SWT delays or does not exercise any of its rights or remedies under these Terms, that will not be a waiver of the right or remedy.
25. These Terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
26. In these Terms, “Competition Partner” means one of the following entities:
- STEM Wana Trust organising team and their immediate families