General conditions of use
Access to taurangastemfestival.co.nz
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. Your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
The term this site or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 148 Durham Street, Tauranga, New Zealand. The Trust is incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957 No. 2726312. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without this sites’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New Zealand.
Registration and booking for Tauranga STEM Festival
STEM Wana Trust (SWT) and its subcontracted registration provider have entered into an agreement whereby Tauranga STEM Festival and its subcontracted registration provider shall process information in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The relevant information you have provided in this registration form will be passed on to or collected by SWT and its subcontracted registration provider to secure your event registration. In processing such information, SWT and its subcontracted registration provider shall ensure that all suppliers to whom personal information is passed shall be made aware of the restrictions in using such personal information and shall only use the personal information to process any event registration arrangements in strict accordance with instructions from SWT, for the sole purpose of providing event registration arrangements for the event. This also applies to any sensitive information you provide such as details of any disabilities or dietary or religious requirements. The information may also be provided to public authorities including (but not limited to) customs/immigration if required by them, or by law. Under no circumstances will any personal information be used for further marketing or advertising.
Neither SWT nor its subcontracted registration provider will pass your information to any party who is not responsible for a part of your registration arrangements for the event.
Please be aware that if SWT and its subcontracted registration provider cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, your registration cannot be processed.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration booking account and password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
In order to perform and provide the services, suppliers may be required to pass personal information onto third parties. In such instances SWT and its subcontracted registration provider will approve such transfers on the condition that these third parties will adhere to the restrictions and obligations imposed on suppliers on the use of personal information.
Please note that all visitors to Tauranga STEM Festival events aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Students aged 16-19 must bring their Student ID, which must display their name, photograph and age to gain entry. Also, no adults (19 and over) will be admitted without an accompanying child. ID will be asked for at entry.
All adults consent to the on-site photography, video recording and broadcast terms and conditions. Photography and video recording of children (and adults) will be used for marketing and promotional purposes by Tauranga STEM Festival and our partners only. The material may be broadcast through radio, television and all digital channels as well as through print media.
If you or the children in your care specifically desire to opt out of onsite photography/filming, please contact email@example.com or make this known to a member of staff/team prior to entering the event.